VAT not included
Who should attend?
Business managers, Engineers, Project Managers and Technical Professionals who want to understand the basics of Accounting and Finance.
Purpose: The purpose of this course is to introduce professionals to the tools available to understand, evaluate and manage profit centres and projects. Starting with the important elements of accounting, financial statements & finance, it is important to appreciate the impact these have on the business. We will look at Working Capital and how decisions impact on this and ultimately on the cashflow of the business.
A key component of the course is to understand the drivers behind the various decisions and how each choice impacts the relevant financial statements. We will look at Budgets, Variance Analysis and Break Even analysis.
The way we teach
This program is very interactive with exercises and activities to really involve yourself in the subject matter and play with the concepts to turn them into real learning.
• Profit and Loss Accounts
• Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements
• Introduction to the Basics
• Exercise to create basic financial reports
• Sample Balance Sheet with alternative terminology
• Sample Profit and Loss Account with alternative terminology
• Fixed Assets and Depreciation
Working Capital Management
• How money flows around the business
• The Working Capital Cycle
• Working Capital Exercise
• Capital vs Revenue (CapEx v OpEx)
• Exercise: BETA LTD:
• Cost control and how to categorise costs
• Improving Margins and sales in your business
• Budget Exercise
• Variances Exercise